Ingrid Bergman Love Quotes and Sayings
2. “I won’t do this movie because I don’t believe the love story,” she told Selznick. “The heroine is an intellectual woman, and an intellectual woman simply can’t fall in love so deeply.”
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Ingrid Bergman (29 August 1915 – 29 August 1982) was a Swedish actress noted for her starring roles in American films. She won three Academy Awards, two Emmy Awards, and the Tony Award for Best Actress. She is ranked as the fourth greatest female star of American cinema of all time by the American Film Institute. She is best remembered for her role as Ilsa Lund in Casablanca (1942), a World War II drama co-starring Humphrey Bogart.
Sayings by Ingrid Bergman
1. I have no regrets. I wouldn’t have lived my life the way I did if I was going to worry about what people were going to say.
2. Time is shortening. But every day that I challenge this cancer and survive is a victory for me.
3. Cancer victims who don’t accept their fate, who don’t learn to live with it, will only destroy what little time they have left.
4. Success is getting what you want; happiness is wanting what you get.
5. You must train your intuition – you must trust the small voice inside you which tells you exactly what to say, what to decide.
6. I’ve never sought success in order to get fame and money; it’s the talent and the passion that count in success.
7. Happiness is good health and a bad memory.
8. Be yourself. The world worships the original.
9. There are advantages to being a star though – you can always get a table in a full restaurant.
10. It is not whether you really cry. It’s whether the audience thinks you are crying.
11. I don’t worry about it because we are all growing old. If I were the only one I would worry. But we’re all in the same boat, and all of my friends are coming with me. We all go toward old age. How many years left we don’t know. We just have to accept it.