Jesse Jackson Love Quote and Sayings
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Jesse Louis Jackson, Sr. (born Jesse Louis Burns; October 8, 1941) is an American civil rights activist and Baptist minister. He was a candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination in 1984 and 1988 and served as a shadow U.S. Senator for the District of Columbia from 1991 to 1997. He is the founder of the organizations that merged to form Rainbow/PUSH. U.S. Representative Jesse Jackson, Jr. is his eldest son.
Sayings by Jesse Jackson
1. Never look down on anybody unless you’re helping them up.
2. If my mind can conceive it, my heart can believe it, I know I can achieve it!
3. There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps… then turn around and see somebody white and feel relieved.
4. Both tears and sweat are salty, but they render a different result. Tears will get you sympathy; sweat will get you change.
5. Hold your head high, stick your chest out. It gets dark sometimes, but morning comes. Keep hope alive.
6. No one should negotiate their dreams. Dreams must be free to flee and fly high. No government, no legislature, has a right to limit your dreams. You should never agree to surrender your dreams.