Marci Shimoff Love Quotes and Sayings
#1-4 Happy for No Reason
1. When you forgive, you heal your own anger and hurt and are able to let love lead again. It’s like spring cleaning for your heart.
2. When your heart flows in love, you naturally feel happier.
3. At any given moment, either love or fear is running your life—and happiness or unhappiness will follow.
4. Choose to feel love and wish the best for everyone-a natural habit of happy people—can help you cultivate more happiness in your life.
#5 Love for No Reason
5. When you love for no reason, you bring love to your outer experiences, rather than try to extract love from them.
Marci Shimoff is a #1 New York Times bestselling author, a world-renowned transformational teacher and an expert on happiness, success, and unconditional love. Her books include the international bestsellers Love for No Reason and Happy for No Reason. Marci is also the woman’s face of the biggest self-help book phenomenon in history, as co-author of six books in the Chicken Soup for the Woman’s Soul series. Her most recent release is Inkspirations for Women: Color Your World Happy.
Sayings by Marci Shimoff
#1-6 Happy for No Reason
1. When you’re Happy for No Reason, you bring happiness to your outer experiences rather than trying to extract happiness from them. You don’t need to manipulate the world around you to try to make yourself happy. You live from happiness, rather than for happiness.
2. When you feel angry, frustrated, or sad, stress hormones and cholesterol are released into your body, your heart pumps faster, and your blood pressure rises. In contrast, when you’re feeling appreciative, loving, and emotionally balanced, you create heart rhythm coherence—smooth, even patterns in the heart rhythms.
3. People who are happy for no reason don’t necessarily have more in their lives to be grateful for; they simply focus more often on gratitude throughout their day.
4. Victors focus on solutions, while victims complain about problems.
5. When you’re Happy for No Reason, you’re unconditionally happy. It’s not that your life always looks perfect—it’s just that however it looks, you’ll still be happy.
6. Forgiveness isn’t about the person or people being forgiven—it’s a gift you give yourself that allows your heart to stop being contracted.
#7-9 Happy for No Reason
7. Have you heard that old saying: Worrying is like a rocking chair; it takes a lot of energy and doesn’t get you anywhere. The same goes for complaining.
8. Play the Gratitude Game. Before you go to sleep, think of five things you’re grateful for that day.
9 Begin each day by asking yourself, “What would be meaningful to do today?”
#10-13 The Secret
10. Once you begin to understand and truly master your thoughts and feelings, that’s when you see how you create your own reality. That’s where your freedom is, that’s where all your power is.
11. It’s impossible to monitor every thought we have. Researchers tell us that we have about sixty thousand thoughts a day. Can you imagine how exhausted you’d feel trying to control all sixty thousand of those thoughts? Fortunately, there’s an easier way, and it’s our feelings. Our feelings let us know what we’re thinking.
12. Many people in Western culture are striving for success. They want the great home, they want their businesses to work, they want all these outer things. But what we found in our research is that having these outer things does not necessarily guarantee what we really want, which is happiness. So we go for these outer things thinking they’re going to bring us happiness, but it’s backward. You need to go for the inner joy, the inner peace, the inner vision first, and then all of the outer things appear.
13. Gratitude is absolutely the way to bring more into your life.