Nora Roberts Love Quotes and Sayings
#1 Honest Illusions
1. Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take unrelenting and unabating practice.
#2 Tonight and Always
2. When we grow up, we lose the talent for loving without restrictions.
#3 Black Hills
3. Do you know how many ways love can hit you? So it makes you happy, or miserable? It makes you sick in the belly or hurt in the heart. It makes everything brighter and sharper, or blurs all the edges. It makes you feel like a king or a fool. Every way love can hit you, it’s hit me when it comes to you.
#4 Considering Kate
4. Courage comes in different forms…There’s strength—that’s the muscle. But love’s the heart. When you put them together, you can do anything.
#5 Catherine and Amanda
5. I’ve found out that falling in love doesn’t have anything to do with time. It can take a year or an instant. It happens when it’s ready to happen.
#6 Happy Ever After
6. When you find somebody you love, all the way through, and she loves you—even with your weaknesses, your flaws, everything starts to click into place. And if you can talk to her, and she listens, if she makes you laugh, and makes you think, makes you want, makes you see who you really are, and who you are is better, just better with her, you’d be crazy not to want to spend the rest of your life with her.
#7 New York To Dallas, Written as J.D. Robb
7. It’s an exceptional thing to have someone in your life who knows and understands you so well. Who loves who you are.
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Nora Roberts (born Eleanor Marie Robertson, October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA), is a bestselling American author of more than 165 romance novels, and she writes as J.D. Robb for the “In Death” series. She also has written under the pseudonym Jill March, and some of her works were published in the UK as Sarah Hardesty.
Sayings by Nora Roberts
#1 A Conversation With Nora Roberts, Claire E. White. On Question: Do you have time to read other authors? Whose work do you like to read? [S]
1. I don’t think you can write — at least not well — if you don’t love stories, love the written word. One of my greatest pleasures is falling into a story someone else has written.
#2 A Conversation With Nora Roberts, Claire E. White. On Question: You do a lot of traveling with book tours, speaking engagements etc. How do you find the time to write — do you write on the road?
2. You don’t find time to write. You make time. It’s my job. What I do. I do indeed write on the road. My laptop goes with me everywhere.
#3 A Conversation With Nora Roberts, Claire E. White. On Question: What is the greatest challenge you have faced in your career as an author?
3. Every single book is a challenge. No matter how many you’ve written, you’ve never written this one before. And each book has to receive your best effort every single time. No slacking. But that’s the job. I’m lucky to love my job. Certainly the plagiarism, and dealing with the fallout of it, was the most difficult thing I’ve ever faced since I started writing.
#4-5 Interview with Linda Mowery, allaboutromance.com [S]
4. I need to write to be happy.
5. My own sense of family, where I came from and what I made for myself is an important part of my life.
#6 Tears of the Moon
6. …if you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer’s always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.
#7-8 Vision In White
7. Some things in life are out of your control. You can make it a party or a tragedy.
8. People and relationships never stop being a work in progress.
9. Magic exists. Who can doubt it, when there are rainbows and wildflowers, the music of the wind and the silence of the stars? Anyone who has loved has been touched by magic. It is such a simple and such an extraordinary part of the lives we live.
#10 Valley Of Silence
10. We make destiny with every turn, every choice.
#11 Morrigan’s Cross
11. Know what you want, work to get it, then value it once you have it. I’ve tried not to take anything in my life for granted, or not too much.
#12 The Name of the Game
12. When something comes easy, you usually let it go the same way.
#13 Heaven And Earth
13. Evil cannot and will not be vanquished by evil. Dark will only swallow dark and deepen. The good and the light are the keenest weapons.
#14 Dark Witch
14. You can’t just hope for happy endings. You have to believe in them. Then do the work, take the risks.
#15 Divided in Death, Written as J.D. Robb
15. …life is never as long as we want it to be, and wasted time can never be recovered.
#16 Vengeance in Death, Written as J.D. Robb
16. Sometimes I just want to gobble you whole, eat you alive. You’re so gorgeous. You’re so beautiful.
#17 Real Romance By Lauren Collins [S]
17. I do not feel obliged in my reading. I read to be entertained and to relax, and to go into another world, not because it’s good for me.
#18 The Search
18. If people let other people alone, people would be better off. It’s always people that screw things up for people anyway.
#19 The Wedding Planners
19. Change was as much about loss as gain, about giving something up even as you reached for something new or different.
#20 Key of Knowledge
20. There’s no reward without work, no victory without effort, no battle won without risk.