Skip the intro and go directly to Saint Francis of Assisi Inspiring Quotes and Sayings
Saint Francis of Assisi (c. 1182 – October 3 1226) was an Italian religious leader and Catholic mystic who founded the Order of Friars Minor, more commonly known as the Franciscans. He is known as the patron saint of animals, birds, and the environment. Though baptized as Giovanni Bernardone he was commonly known as Francesco.
Inspiring Quotes and Sayings by Saint Francis of Assisi
Please noted that most of these Saint Francis of Assisi quotes are attributed to him and I was not able to find the sources for them except one which was in Wikiquote.
1. All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.
#2 The Counsels of the Holy Father St. Francis, Admonition 27
2. Where there is charity and wisdom, there is neither fear nor ignorance. Where there is patience and humility, there is neither anger nor vexation. Where there is poverty and joy, there is neither greed nor avarice. Where there is peace and meditation, there is neither anxiety nor doubt.
3. It is in pardoning that we are pardoned.
4. The deeds you do may be the only sermon some persons will hear today.
5. Remember that when you leave this earth, you can take with you nothing that you have received – only what you have given: a full heart, enriched by honest service, love, sacrifice and courage.
6. It is no use walking anywhere to preach unless our walking is our preaching.
7. While you are proclaiming peace with your lips, be careful to have it even more fully in your heart.
8. True progress quietly and persistently moves along without notice.
9. No one is to be called an enemy, all are your benefactors, and no one does you harm. You have no enemy except yourselves.
10. Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission – to be of service to them wherever they require it.
11. A single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows.