Anne Sexton Love Quotes and Sayings
2. My dear it was a moment to clutch at for a moment so that you may believe in it and believing is the act of love, I think, even in the telling wherever it went.
3. I’ve grown tired of love. You are the trouble with me I watch you walk right by.
4. As it has been said: Love and a cough cannot be concealed. Even a small cough. Even a small love.
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Anne Sexton (November 9, 1928, Newton, Massachusetts – October 4, 1974, Weston, Massachusetts) was an American poet, known for her highly personal, confessional verse. She won the Pulitzer Prize for poetry in 1967. Themes of her poetry include her suicidal tendencies, long battle against depression and various intimate details from her private life, including her relationships with her husband and children.
Sayings by Anne Sexton
1. It doesn’t matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was.
2. The joy that isn’t shared dies young.
3. Even without wars, life is dangerous.
4. In a dream you are never eighty.
5. The beautiful feeling after writing a poem is on the whole better even than after sex, and that’s saying a lot.
6. Live or die, But don’t poison everything.
7. Put your ear down close to your soul and listen hard.