Barbara de Angelis Love Quotes and Sayings
2. You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back.
3. Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference.
4. Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible – it cannot be seen or measured, yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any material possession could.
5. The real act of marriage takes place in the heart, not in the ballroom or church or synagogue. It’s a choice you make – not just on your wedding day, but over and over again – and that choice is reflected in the way you treat your husband or wife.
6. Love’s greatest gift is its ability to make everything it touches sacred.
7. The more connections you and your lover make, not just between your bodies, but between your minds, your hearts, and your souls, the more you will strengthen the fabric of your relationship, and the more real moments you will experience together.
8. Marriage is not a noun; it’s a verb. It isn’t something you get. It’s something you do. It’s the way you love your partner every day.
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Barbara De Angelis (1951 – ) (Ph.D.) is an American relationship consultant, lecturer and Best Selling Author, TV Personality, Renowned Relationship and Personal Development Expert. She is one of America’s most renowned experts on relationships and personal growth and has fourteen best-selling books in these fields, such as New York Times best-selling books “How to Make Love All the Time“, “Secrets About Men Every Woman Should Know“, “Are You the One for Me?“, “Real Moments“. Her infomercial “Making Love Work” won an award as Best Infomercial of 1994.
She was the founder and Executive Director of the Los Angeles Personal Growth Center for 12 years and is president of Shakti Communications, Inc.
Sayings by Barbara de Angelis
1. A man’s brain has a more difficult time shifting from thinking to feeling than a women’s brain does.
2. Difficult times always create opportunities for you to experience more love in your life.
3. Men aren’t the way they are because they want to drive women crazy; they’ve been trained to be that way for thousands of years. And that training makes it very difficult for men to be intimate.
4. No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change.
5. The moment in between what you once were, and who you are now becoming, is where the dance of life really takes place.
6. The more anger towards the past you carry in your heart, the less capable you are of loving in the present.
7. What allows us, as human beings, to psychologically survive life on earth, with all of its pain, drama, and challenges, is a sense of purpose and meaning.
8. Women need real moments of solitude and self-reflection to balance out how much of ourselves we give away.
9. Living with integrity means: Not settling for less than what you know you deserve in your relationships. Asking for what you want and need from others. Speaking your truth, even though it might create conflict or tension. Behaving in ways that are in harmony with your personal values. Making choices based on what you believe, and not what others believe.
10.You can’t ask for what you want unless you know what it is. A lot of people don’t know what they want or they want much less than they deserve. First you have figure out what you want. Second, you have to decide that you deserve it. Third, you have to believe you can get it. And, fourth, you have to have the guts to ask for it.
11. No matter what age you are, or what your circumstances might be, you are special, and you still have something unique to offer. Your life, because of who you are, has meaning.
12. The greatest gift you and your partner can give your children is the example of an intimate, healthy, and loving relationship.
13. Only when your consciousness is totally focused on the moment you are in can you receive whatever gift, lesson, or delight that moment has to offer.