1. You may not be her first, her last, or her only. She loved before she may love again. But if she loves you now, what else matters? She’s not perfect – you aren’t either, and the two of you may never be perfect together but if she can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, and admit to being human and making mistakes, hold onto her and give her the most you can. She may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows you can break – her heart. So don’t hurt her, don’t change her, don’t analyze and don’t expect more than she can give. Smile when she makes you happy, let her know when she makes you mad, and miss her when she’s not there.
2. Love the life you live. Live the life you love.
3. Love would never leave us alone.
4. The winds that sometimes take something we love, are the same that bring us something we learn to love. Therefore we should not cry about something that was taken from us, but, yes, love what we have been given. Because what is really ours is never gone forever.
5. One Love, One Heart, Let’s get together and feel alright.
6. Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you’ve never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for the future, dreams that will never come true, goals that were never achieved and the many disappointments life has thrown at you. When something wonderful happens, you can’t wait to tell them about it, knowing they will share in your excitement. They are not embarrassed to cry with you when you are hurting or laugh with you when you make a fool of yourself. Never do they hurt your feelings or make you feel like you are not good enough, but rather they build you up and show you the things about yourself that make you special and even beautiful. There is never any pressure, jealousy or competition but only a quiet calmness when they are around. You can be yourself and not worry about what they will think of you because they love you for who you are. The things that seem insignificant to most people such as a note, song or walk become invaluable treasures kept safe in your heart to cherish forever. Memories of your childhood come back and are so clear and vivid it’s like being young again. Colours seem brighter and more brilliant. Laughter seems part of daily life where before it was infrequent or didn’t exist at all. A phone call or two during the day helps to get you through a long day’s work and always brings a smile to your face. In their presence, there’s no need for continuous conversation, but you find you’re quite content in just having them nearby. Things that never interested you before become fascinating because you know they are important to this person who is so special to you. You think of this person on every occasion and in everything you do. Simple things bring them to mind like a pale blue sky, gentle wind or even a storm cloud on the horizon. You open your heart knowing that there’s a chance it may be broken one day and in opening your heart, you experience a love and joy that you never dreamed possible. You find that being vulnerable is the only way to allow your heart to feel true pleasure that’s so real it scares you. You find strength in knowing you have a true friend and possibly a soul mate who will remain loyal to the end. Life seems completely different, exciting and worthwhile. Your only hope and security is in knowing that they are a part of your life.
7. He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect for more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you.
8. To love is to risk, not being loved in return. to hope is to risk pain. to try is to risk failure. but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in my life is to risk nothing.
9. You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it. You say you love sun, but you seek shelter when it is shining. You say you love wind, but when it comes you close your windows. So that’s why I’m scared when you say you love me.
10. She may not be the most popular or prettiest but if you love her and she makes you smile … what else matters?
11. The biggest coward of a man is to awaken the love of a woman without the intention of loving her.
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Robert Nesta “Bob” Marley, Jamaican Order of Merit (6 February 1945 – 11 May 1981) was a singer-songwriter and musician. He was the rhythm guitarist and lead singer for the ska, rocksteady and reggae band Bob Marley & The Wailers (1963–1981). Marley remains the most widely known and revered performer of reggae music, and is credited with helping spread both Jamaican music and the Rastafari movement to a worldwide audience.
Marley’s music was heavily influenced by the social issues of his homeland, and he is considered to have given voice to the specific political and cultural nexus of Jamaica. His best-known hits include “I Shot the Sheriff”, “No Woman, No Cry”, “Could You Be Loved”, “Stir It Up”, “Jamming”, “Redemption Song”, “One Love” and, “Three Little Birds”, as well as the posthumous releases “Buffalo Soldier” and “Iron Lion Zion”. The compilation album Legend (1984), released three years after his death, is reggae’s best-selling album, going ten times Platinum which is also known as one Diamond in the U.S., and selling 25 million copies worldwide.
Sayings by Bob Marley
1. One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
2. Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I’m not perfect – and I don’t live to be – but before you start pointing fingers … make sure you hands are clean!
3. If she’s amazing, she won’t be easy. If she’s easy, she won’t be amazing. If she’s worth it, you won’t give up. If you give up, you’re not worthy. Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.
4. Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.
5. Don’t gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold.
6. The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
7. Don’t you know: When one door is closed … many more is open?
8. Judge not before you judge yourself. Judge not if you’re not ready for judgment.
9. Live for yourself and you will live in vain; live for others, and you will live again.
10. Better to die fighting for freedom then be a prisoner all the days of your life.
11. I don’t stand for black man’s side, I don’t stand for white man’s side, I stand for God’s side.
12. Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you’re living?
13. You can fool some people some times but you can’t fool all the people all the time.
14. Your worst enemy could be your best friend and your best friend your worst enemy.
15. You just can’t live that negative way. You know what I mean. Make way for the positive day. Cause it’s a new day…
16. Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
17. Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don’t complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don’t bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live!
18. Don’t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright.
19. It’s your own conscience that is gonna remind you that it’s your heart and nobody else’s that is gonna judge.
20. Me only have one ambition, y’know. I only have one thing I really like to see happen. I like to see mankind live together – black, white, Chinese, everyone – that’s all.
21. Man is a universe within himself.
22. Just because you are happy it does not mean that the day is perfect but that you have looked beyond its imperfections.
23. Beginnings are usually scary, and endings are usually sad, but its everything in between that makes it all worth living.
24. Don’t worry be happy.
Songs by Bob Marley