2. Love the life you live. Live the life you love.
3. Love would never leave us alone.
4. The winds that sometimes take something we love, are the same that bring us something we learn to love. Therefore we should not cry about something that was taken from us, but, yes, love what we have been given. Because what is really ours is never gone forever.
#5 One Love (cowritten with Curtis Mayfield), from the album Exodus, originally recorded on The Wailing Wailers., 1965
5. One Love, One Heart, Let’s get together and feel alright.
6. The biggest coward of a man is to awaken the love of a woman without the intention of loving her.
7. He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect for more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you.
8. To love is to risk, not being loved in return. to hope is to risk pain. to try is to risk failure. but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in my life is to risk nothing.
9. You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it. You say you love sun, but you seek shelter when it is shining. You say you love wind, but when it comes you close your windows. So that’s why I’m scared when you say you love me.
10. She may not be the most popular or prettiest but if you love her and she makes you smile … what else matters?
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Robert Nesta “Bob” Marley, Jamaican Order of Merit (6 February 1945 – 11 May 1981) was a singer-songwriter and musician. He was the rhythm guitarist and lead singer for the ska, rocksteady and reggae band Bob Marley & The Wailers (1963–1981). Marley remains the most widely known and revered performer of reggae music, and is credited with helping spread both Jamaican music and the Rastafari movement to a worldwide audience.
Sayings by Bob Marley
1. One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
#2 Could you be loved
2. Who are you to judge the life I live? I know that I’m not perfect and that I don’t claim to be, so before you point your fingers make sure your hands are clean.
3. If she’s amazing, she won’t be easy. If she’s easy, she won’t be amazing. If she’s worth it, you won’t give up. If you give up, you’re not worthy. Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.
#4 Redemption Song
4. Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
#5 Zion Train
5. Don’t gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold.
6. The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
#7 Coming in from the Cold, Confrontation
7. When one door is closed, many more is open.
#8 Judge Not (single), 1961
8. Judge not, before you judge yourself. Judge not, if you’re not ready for judgment.
9. Live for yourself and you will live in vain; live for others, and you will live again.
10. Better to die fighting for freedom then be a prisoner all the days of your life.
11. I don’t stand for black man’s side, I don’t stand for white man’s side, I stand for God’s side.
12. Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you’re living?
13. You can fool some people some times but you can’t fool all the people all the time.
14. Your worst enemy could be your best friend and your best friend your worst enemy.
15. You just can’t live that negative way. You know what I mean. Make way for the positive day. Cause it’s a new day…
16. Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
#17 Wake Up and Live! on Survival, 1979
17. Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don’t complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don’t bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality.
#18 Three Little Birds, from the album Exodus, 1977
18. Don’t worry about a thing, ‘cos every little thing is gonna be alright.
19. It’s your own conscience that is gonna remind you that it’s your heart and nobody else’s that is gonna judge.
20. Me only have one ambition, y’know. I only have one thing I really like to see happen. I like to see mankind live together – black, white, Chinese, everyone – that’s all.
21. Man is a universe within himself.
22. Just because you are happy it does not mean that the day is perfect but that you have looked beyond its imperfections.
23. Beginnings are usually scary, and endings are usually sad, but its everything in between that makes it all worth living.
24. Don’t worry be happy.
#25 Interview for the Australian TV show 60 Minutes
25. Possession make you rich? I don’t have that type of richness. My richness is life, forever.
#26 Jamming, from the album Exodus, 1977
26. Your life is worth much more than gold.