Margaret Thatcher Love Quotes and Sayings
2. I just owe almost everything to my father and it’s passionately interesting for me that the things that I learned in a small town, in a very modest home, are just the things that I believe have won the election.
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Margaret Hilda Thatcher, Baroness Thatcher, Order of the Garter, Order of Merit, Privy Council of the United Kingdom, Fellow of the Royal Society (née Roberts, 13 October 1925 – 8 April 2013) was a British Conservative Party politician who was Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1979 to 1990 and the Leader of the Conservative Party from 1975 to 1990. She was the longest-serving British Prime Minister of the 20th century and is the only woman to have held the office. A Soviet journalist called her the “Iron Lady”, a nickname that became associated with her uncompromising politics and leadership style. As Prime Minister, she implemented policies that have come to be known as Thatcherism.
Sayings by Margaret Thatcher
1. In politics, If you want anything said, ask a man. If you want anything done, ask a woman.
2. Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren’t.
3. Watch your thoughts for they become words.
Watch your words for they become actions.
Watch your actions for they become habits.
Watch your habits for they become your character.
And watch your character for it becomes your destiny.
What we think, we become.
My father always said that … and I think I am fine.
4. Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It’s not a day when you lounge around doing nothing; it’s a day you’ve had everything to do and you’ve done it.
5. If you just set out to be liked, you will be prepared to compromise on anything at anytime, and would achieve nothing.
6. You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
7. Do you know that one of the great problems of our age is that we are governed by people who care more about feelings than they do about thoughts and ideas.
8. I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end.
9. Don’t follow the crowd, let the crowd follow you.
10. I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left.
11. I do not know anyone who has gotten to the top without hard work. That is the recipe. It will not always get you to the top, but it will get you pretty near.
12. I usually make up my mind about a man in ten seconds, and I very rarely change it.
13. It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.
14. Plan your work for today and every day, then work your plan.
15. If you set out to be liked, you will accomplish nothing.
16. To those waiting with bated breath for that favorite media catchphrase, the U-turn, I have only this to say, ‘You turn if you want; the lady’s not for turning.
17. Christmas is a day of meaning and traditions, a special day spent in the warm circle of family and friends.
18. Pennies don’t fall from heaven; they have to be earned here on earth.
19. No one would remember the Good Samaritan if he’d only had good intentions; he had money as well.
20. It is not the creation of wealth that is wrong, but the love of money for its own sake.