Barbara Johnson Love Quotes and Sayings
#1 The Joy Journal
1. Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved.
#2 Daily Splashes of Joy: 365 Gems to Sparkle Your Day, Thomas Nelson, 7 November 2005
2. Love cures people—both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it.
Barbara Johnson, an Award-winning Christian author and Women of Faith Speaker emeritus. Diagnosed with a brain tumor in early 2001, she valiantly fought central nervous system lymphoma for six years before she passed away on 2 July 2007, of cancer. During her final illness, she amazed the publishing world by adding four more titles to her long list of best sellers, including a poignantly humorous book about her cancer, Plant a Geranium in Your Cranium.
Sayings by Barbara Johnson
#1 Fresh Elastic for Stretched Out Moms, F.H. Revell, 2003
1. Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears!
#2 Splashes of Joy in the Cesspools of Life
2. To be in your children’s memories tomorrow you have to be in their lives today.
#3-4 Barbara Johnson Quoted someone in “Pack Up Your Gloomies in a Great Big Box, Then Sit on the Lid and Laugh!”, Word Pub., 1993, Page 231
3. Hope is not the conviction that something will turn out well, but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out.
4. Advice is like snow, the softer it falls, the deeper it sinks.
#5-12 Daily Splashes of Joy: 365 Gems to Sparkle Your Day, Thomas Nelson, 7 November 2005
5. The present is what slips by us while we’re pondering the past and worrying about the future.
6. Aging gracefully means living long enough to make a joke of the things that were once breaking your heart.
7. Whatever problems we’re going through, they didn’t come to stay; they “came to pass.”
8. When we count our blessings, we multiply harmony and good feelings, and the lamp’s flame burns higher once again.
9. The glory of each morning is that it offers us a chance to begin again.
10. When things go bad, cheer up. Remember, they could always be worse. And, of course, if they do get worst, it will make your heart smile to remember that when it’s this bad, it has to get better soon.
11. If you are interested in the hereafter, remember that the HERE determines the AFTER!
12. Men are like parking spaces. All the good ones are already taken—and the rest are handicapped or their meters are running out!
Unsourced Barbara Johnson Quotes
1. Love is what makes two people sit in the middle of a bench when there is plenty of room at both ends.
2. Always remember that better days are ahead – if not in this life, in the next.
3. No one likes change but babies in diapers.