Ella Fitzgerald Love Quotes, Sayings, or Listen to her beautiful Singing
2. I’m very shy, and I shy away from people. But the moment I hit the stage, it’s a different feeling I get nerve from somewhere; maybe it’s because it’s something I love to do.
3. I’ve had some wonderful love affairs and some that didn’t work out. I don’t want to dwell on that and I don’t want to put people down, but I think all the fabulous places I’ve been, the wonderful things that have happened for me, the great people I’ve met – that ought to make a story.
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Ella Jane Fitzgerald (April 25, 1917 – June 15, 1996), also known as the “First Lady of Song”, “Queen of Jazz”, and “Lady Ella”, was an American jazz and song vocalist. With a vocal range spanning three octaves (D♭3 to D♭6), she was noted for her purity of tone, impeccable diction, phrasing and intonation, and a “horn-like” improvisational ability, particularly in her scat singing.
Sayings by Ella Fitzgerald
1. It isn’t where you came from; it’s where you’re going that counts.
2. The only thing better than singing is more singing.
3. Forgive me if I don’t have the words. Maybe I can sing it and you’ll understand.