Ella Fitzgerald Love Quotes, Sayings, or Listen to her beautiful Singing
#1 ellafitzgerald.com [S]
1. Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.
#2 Jet 14 March 1983 [S]
2. I’ve had some wonderful love affairs and some that didn’t work out. I don’t want to dwell on that and I don’t want to put people down, but I think all the fabulous places I’ve been, the wonderful things that have happened for me, the great people I’ve met–that ought to make a story.
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Ella Jane Fitzgerald (April 25, 1917 – June 15, 1996), also known as the “First Lady of Song”, “Queen of Jazz”, and “Lady Ella”, was an American jazz and song vocalist. With a vocal range spanning three octaves (D♭3 to D♭6), she was noted for her purity of tone, impeccable diction, phrasing and intonation, and a “horn-like” improvisational ability, particularly in her scat singing.
Sayings by Ella Fitzgerald
#1-4 ellafitzgerald.com [S]
1. It isn’t where you came from, it’s where you’re going that counts.
2. The only thing better than singing is more singing.
3. I guess what everyone wants more than anything else is to be loved. And to know that you loved me for my singing is too much for me. Forgive me if I don’t have all the words. Maybe I can sing it and you’ll understand.
4. I know I’m no glamour girl, and it’s not easy for me to get up in front of a crowd of people. It used to bother me a lot, but now I’ve got it figured out that God gave me this talent to use, so I just stand there and sing.
Unsourced Quotes by Ella Fitzgerald
1. I’m very shy, and I shy away from people. But the moment I hit the stage, it’s a different feeling I get nerve from somewhere; maybe it’s because it’s something I love to do.