Joseph Conrad Love Quotes and Sayings
2. A man’s real life is that accorded to him in the thoughts of other men by reason of respect or natural love.
3. The last thing a woman will consent to discover in a man whom she loves, or on whom she simply depends, is want of courage.
4. He remembered that she was pretty, and, more, that she had a special grace in the intimacy of life. She had the secret of individuality which excites — and escapes.
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Joseph Conrad (born Józef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski; 3 December 1857 – 3 August 1924) was a Polish-born British novelist, who in 1886 became a British subject. He is regarded as one of the greatest novelists in English though he did not speak the language fluently until he was in his twenties (and then always with a marked Polish accent). He wrote stories and novels, predominantly with a nautical setting, that depict trials of the human spirit by the demands of duty and honor.
Sayings by Joseph Conrad
1. A caricature is putting the face of a joke on the body of a truth.
2. A word carries far, very far, deals destruction through time as the bullets go flying through space.
3. Being a woman is a terribly difficult task, since it consists principally in dealing with men.
5. Facing it, always facing it, that’s the way to get through. Face it.
6. I had ambition not only to go farther than any man had ever been before, but as far as it was possible for a man to go.
7. All ambitions are lawful except those which climb upward on the miseries or credulities of mankind.
8. I don’t like work … but I like what is in work – the chance to find yourself. Your own reality – for yourself, not for others – which no other man can ever know.
9. I take it that what all men are really after is some form or perhaps only some formula of peace.
10. In order to move others deeply we must deliberately allow ourselves to be carried away beyond the bounds of our normal sensibility.
11. The question is not how to get cured, but how to live.
12. It’s only those who do nothing that make no mistakes, I suppose.