Sophia Loren Love Quotes and Sayings
2. When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Sophia Loren, Order of Merit of the Italian Republic (OMRI) (born Sofia Villani Scicolone on 20 September 1934) is an Italian actress.
Loren is widely recognized as the most awarded Italian actress. She was the first actress of the talkie era to win an Academy Award for a non-English-speaking performance, for her portrayal of Cesira in Vittorio De Sica’s Two Women. Her other awards include one Golden Globe Award, a Grammy Award, a BAFTA Award and a Laurel Award. In 1995 she received the Cecil B. DeMille Award for lifetime achievements, one of many such awards.
Her films include: Houseboat (1958), El Cid (1961), Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow (1963), Marriage Italian-Style (1964), and A Special Day (1977). In later years she has appeared in American blockbusters such as Grumpier Old Men (1995), and Nine (2009). In 1994 she starred in Robert Altman’s Prêt-à-Porter, which earned her a Golden Globe nomination the same year. She has also achieved critical and commercial success in TV movies such as Courage.
Sayings by Sophia Loren
1. If you haven’t cried, your eyes can’t be beautiful.
2. Sex appeal is fifty percent what you’ve got and fifty percent what people think you’ve got.
3. Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical.
4. A woman’s dress should be like a barbed-wire fence: serving its purpose without obstructing the view.
5. After all these years, I am still involved in the process of self-discovery. It’s better to explore life and make mistakes than to play it safe. Mistakes are part of the dues one pays for a full life.
6. I think the quality of sexiness comes from within. It is something that is in you or it isn’t and it really doesn’t have much to do with breasts or thighs or the pout of your lips.
7. There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age.
8. I’ve never tried to block out the memories of the past, even though some are painful. I don’t understand people who hide from their past. Everything you live through helps to make you the person you are now.
9. Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful.
10. Getting ahead in a difficult profession requires avid faith in yourself. That is why some people with mediocre talent, but with great inner drive, go so much further than people with vastly superior talent.
11. It’s a mistake to think that once you’re done with school you need never learn anything new.
12. Timeless. Has she ever looked better?
13. The two big advantages I had at birth were to have been born wise and to have been born in poverty.