Thomas Jefferson Love Quotes and Sayings
2. A great deal of love given to a few is better than a little to many.
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Thomas Jefferson (April 13, 1743 – July 4, 1826) was an American Founding Father, the principal author of the Declaration of Independence (1776) and the third President of the United States (1801–1809).
Sayings by Thomas Jefferson
1. Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
2. When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people there is liberty.
3. On matters of style, swim with the current, on matters of principle, stand like a rock.
4. I’m a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.
5. If I am to meet with a disappointment, the sooner I know it, the more of life I shall have to wear it off.
6. Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
7. If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.
8. I hope our wisdom will grow with our power, and teach us that the less we use our power the greater it will be.
9. Never put off for tomorrow, what you can do today.
10. Every day is lost in which we do not learn something useful. Man has no nobler or more valuable possession than time.
11. Be polite to all, but intimate with few.
12. He who permits himself to tell a lie once, finds it much easier to do it the second time.
13. He who knows best knows how little he knows.
14. Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances.