Bob Hope Love Quotes and Sayings
2. If you were to be loved be lovable.
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Bob Hope, KBE, KCSG, KSS, born Leslie Townes Hope, (May 29, 1903 – July 27, 2003) was an English-born American comedian and actor who appeared on Broadway, in vaudeville, movies, television, and on the radio. He was noted for his numerous United Service Organizations (USO) shows entertaining American military personnel—he made 57 tours for the USO between 1942 and 1988. Throughout his long career, he was honored for this work. In 1996, the U.S. Congress declared him the “first and only honorary veteran of the U.S. armed forces.”
Sayings by Bob Hope
1. You know you’re getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.
2. I’ve always been in the right place and time. Of course, I steered myself there.
3. When we recall Christmas past, we usually find that the simplest things – not the great occasions – give off the greatest glow of happiness.
4. People who throw kisses are hopelessly lazy.
5. I don’t feel old. I don’t feel anything till noon. That’s when it’s time for my nap.
6. I have seen what a laugh can do. It can transform almost unbearable tears into something bearable, even hopeful.
7. If you haven’t any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble.