Emily Giffin Love Quotes and Sayings
2. When you’re in love, sometimes you have to swallow your pride, and sometimes you have to keep your pride. It’s a balance. But when the relationship is right, you find the balance.
3. Love is the sum of our choices, the strength of our commitments, the ties that bind us together.
4. True love is supposed to make you into a better person-uplift you.
5. When I meet someone I like being with more than I like being alone, I’ll marry her.
6. This time, I whispered that I loved him too. Then, I silently listed all the reason: I loved him for his gentleness. I loved him for being an amazing catch yet still vulnerable enough to be insecure. But most of all, I loved him for loving me.
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Emily Giffin (born March 20, 1972) is an American author of several novels commonly categorized as chick lit.
Sayings by Emily Giffin
1. But I have learned that you make your own happiness, that part of going for what you want means losing something else. And when the stakes are high, the losses can be that much greater.
2. Maybe the thing to do after you roll the dice-and lose-is simply pick them up and roll them again.
3. But I am learning that perfection isn’t what matters. In fact, it’s the very thing that can destroy you if you let it.
4. You can only control your own actions. Not other people’s reactions.
5. Nothing is ever perfect. It is what you make of it.
6. Songs and smells will bring you back to a moment in time more than anything else. It’s amazing how much can be conjured with a few notes of a song or a solitary whiff of a room. A song you didn’t even pay attention to at the time, a place that you didn’t even know had a particular smell.
7. I think of how each person in a marriage owes it to the other to find individual happiness, even in a shared life. That this is the only way to grow together, instead of apart.
8. Then he asks if he can kiss me. It is a question I don’t usually like. Just do it, I always think.