Jim Rohn Love Quotes and Inspiring Sayings
#1 Facebook, 29 November 2013
1. It’s okay to send flowers, but don’t let the flowers do all the talking. Flowers have a limited vocabulary. About the best flowers can say is that you remembered.
#2 Twitter, 26 October 2017
2. One of the greatest gifts you can give to anyone is the gift of your attention.
Except from Wikipedia: Jim Rohn (September 17, 1930 – December 5, 2009) was an American entrepreneur, author and motivational speaker. His rags to riches story played a large part in his work, which influenced others in the personal development industry.
Inspiring Sayings by Jim Rohn
#1 Twitter, 25 October 2017
1. Kids ought to have two bicycles, one to ride and one to rent.
#2 Facebook, 26 February 2015
2. Affirmation without discipline is the beginning of delusion.
#3 Facebook, 21 May 2013
3. Better understated than overstated. Let people be surprised that it was more than you promised and easier than you said.
#4 Facebook, 19 October 2015
4. Character isn’t something you were born with and can’t change, like your fingerprints. It’s something you weren’t born with and must take responsibility for forming.
#5 Facebook, 13 February 2013
5. Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
#6 Facebook, 13 October 2011
6. Don’t just read the easy stuff. You may be entertained by it, but you will never grow from it.
#7 Facebook, 21 February 2012
7. Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better. Don’t wish for less problems; wish for more skills. Don’t wish for less challenges; wish for more wisdom.
#8 Facebook, 13 October 2017
8. Effective communication is 20% what you know and 80% how you feel about what you know.
#9 Facebook, 17 April 2013
9. Either you run the day, or the day runs you.
#10 Facebook, 11 February 2012
10. Failure is not a single, cataclysmic event. You don’t fail overnight. Instead, failure is a few errors in judgment, repeated every day.
#11 Facebook, 16 February 2012
11. Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune.
#12 Facebook, 25 February 2014
12. Give whatever you are doing and whoever you are with the gift of your attention.
#13 Facebook, 25 September 2014
13. Giving is better than receiving because giving starts the receiving process.
#14 Facebook, 22 August 2015
14. Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.
#15 Facebook, 24 June 2017
15. Ideas can be life-changing. Sometimes all you need to open the door is just one more good idea.
#16 Twitter, 24 October 2017
16. If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.
#17 Creating the Right Attitude for Success, 16 October 2017
17. If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.
#18 Twitter, 25 October 2017
18. If you don’t like how things are, change it! You’re not a tree.
#19 Facebook, 31 August 2014
19. It doesn’t matter which side of the fence you get off on sometimes. What matters most is getting off. You cannot make progress without making decisions.
#20 Twitter, 23 October 2017
20. The greatest source of unhappiness comes from inside.
#21 Facebook, 19 May 2012
21. Maturity is the ability to reap without apology and not complain when things don’t go well.
#22 Twitter, 14 October 2017
22. Learn to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want.
#23 Facebook, 14 October 2015
23. Success is doing ordinary things extraordinarily well.
#24 Twitter, 5 October 2017
24. Take good care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.
#25 Facebook, 23 September 2014
25. The difficulties you meet will resolve themselves as you advance. Proceed, and light will dawn and shine with increasing clearness on your path.
#26 Facebook, 12 December 2012
26. The few who do are the envy of the many who only watch.
#27 Facebook, 19 April 2015
27. The major value in life is not what you get. The major value in life is what you become. That is why I wish to pay fair price for every value. If I have to pay for it or earn it, that makes something of me. If I get it for free, that makes nothing of me.
#28 Facebook, 26 August 2012
28. The walls we build around us to keep out the sadness also keep out the joy.
#29 Facebook, 25 April 2014
29. “There are only 3 colors, 10 digits and 7 notes; it’s what we do with them that’s important.
#30 Twitter, 7 October 2017
30. Only by giving are you able to receive more than you already have.
#31 Twitter, 24 September 2017
31. Time is more value than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time.
#32 Twitter, 14 September 2017
32. We generally change ourselves for one of two reasons: inspiration or desperation.
#33 Facebook, 13 October 2015
33. We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment.
#34 Twitter, 16 October 2017
34. When you know what you want, and you want it bad enough, you’ll find a way to get it.
#35 Twitter, 21 September 2017
35. Unless you change how you are, you will always have what you’ve got.
#36 Facebook, 27 February 2014
36. Without a sense of urgency, desire loses its value.
#37 Facebook, 13 August 2012
37. You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction overnight.
#38 Facebook, 14 June 2015
38. You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have charge of. You don’t have charge of the constellations, but you do have charge of whether you read, develop new skills, and take new classes.
#39 Facebook, 3 May 2012
39. Days are expensive. When you spend a day you have one less day to spend. So make sure you spend each one wisely.
#40 Facebook, 29 October 2013
40. The best motivation is self-motivation. The guy says, ‘I wish someone would come by and turn me on.’ What if they don’t show up? You’ve got to have a better plan for your life.
#41 Facebook, 16 October 2013
41. The key factor that will determine your financial future is not the economy; the key factor is your philosophy.
#42 Facebook, 13 May 2013
42. We get paid for bringing value to the marketplace. It takes time to bring value to the marketplace, but we get paid for the value, not the time.
#43 Facebook, 5 January 2014
43. If you learn to set a good sail, the wind that blows will always take you to the dreams you want, the income you want, and the treasures of mind, purse, and soul you want.
#44 Facebook, 31 May 2017
44. Don’t become a victim of yourself. Forget about the thief waiting in the alley; what about the thief in your mind?
#45 Facebook, 29 September 2013
45. Character is a quality that embodies many important traits, such as integrity, courage, perseverance, confidence and wisdom. Unlike your fingerprints that you are born with and can’t change, character is something that you create within yourself and must take responsibility for changing.
#46 Twitter, 8 October 2017
46. Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.
#47 Facebook, 24 June 2013
47. It is not what happens that determines the major part of your future. What happens, happens to us all. It is what you do about what happens that counts.
#48 Facebook, 24 June 2015
48. If you talk to your children, you can help them to keep their lives together. If you talk to them skillfully, you can help them to build future dreams.
#49 Facebook, 27 February 2013
49. Life is part positive and part negative. Suppose you went to hear a symphony orchestra and all they played were the little, happy, high notes? Would you leave soon? Let me hear the rumble of the bass, the crash of the cymbals, and the minor keys.
#50 Facebook, 23 September 2013
50. You don’t have to change that much for it to make a great deal of difference. A few simple disciplines can have a major impact on how your life works out in the next 90 days, let alone in the next 12 months or the next 3 years.
#51 Facebook, 8 May 2012
51. Happiness is not an accident. Nor is it something you wish for. Happiness is something you design.
#52 Facebook, 12 May 2013
52. Two things I ask my daughters to have: The highest respect for all life and unusual kindness.
#53 Facebook, 13 January 2014
53. Develop a childlike fascination with life and people.
#54 Facebook, 14 March 2014
54. No one else ‘makes us angry.’ We make ourselves angry when we surrender control of our attitude.
#55 Facebook, 8 September 2014
55. If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.
#56 Twitter, 26 October 2017
56. Learn from the negative as well as the positive, from the failures as well as the successes.
#57 Facebook, 27 August 2017
57. The best advice I ever came across on the subject of concentration is: wherever you are, be there.
#58 Twitter, 19 October 2017
58. Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.
#59 Facebook, 12 April 2014
59. Make sure the outside of you is a good reflection of the inside of you.
60. Life, like art, is ever evolving…Take your time, make bold strokes, use brilliant colors, and make your life the most beautiful masterpiece you can.