Laurell K Hamilton Love Quotes and Sayings
#1-2 Incubus Dreams
1. What is love? Sometimes it’s just letting yourself be who and what you are, and letting the person you’re supposed to love be who and what he is, too. Or maybe, what and who they are.
2. There comes a point where you just love someone. Not because they’re good, or bad, or anything really. You just love them. It doesn’t mean you’ll be together forever. It doesn’t mean you won’t hurt each other. It just mean you love them. Sometimes in spite of who they are, and sometimes because of who they are. And you know that they love you, sometimes because of who you are, and sometimes in spite of it.
#3-4 The Harlequin
3. She should have remembered that people have given everything they own, everything they are, to be taken care of, and to have their pain gone. It’s the lure of cults: the promise of a good family; it’s what people think love is, but love isn’t absence of pain, it’s a hand to hold while you’re going through it.
4. Only love of a good woman will make a man question every choice, every action. Only love makes a warrior hesitate for fear that his lady will find him cruel. Only love makes a man both the best he will ever be, and the weakest. Sometimes all in the same moment.
#5 A Stroke of Midnight
5. Love is too precious to be ashamed of.
#6 The Killing Dance
6. If you love someone, truly love them, you should never cause them pain. Never fill their eyes with something so close to grief.
7. Love mattered, in the end. A house without love would always fall, maybe not today or tomorrow, but in the end without love nothing could endure.
8. Obsession is not love…it is a type of possessing. Love is not about owning someone, but about loving them.
#9 Danse Macabre: An Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Novel
9. How could you love someone and not want them to be happy?
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Laurell K. Hamilton (born February 19, 1963) is an American fantasy and romance writer. She is best known as the author of two series of stories.
Her New York Times–bestselling Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter series centers on Anita Blake, a professional zombie raiser, vampire executioner and supernatural consultant for the police, which includes novels, short story collections, and comic books. Six million copies of Anita Blake novels are in print. Her Merry Gentry series centers on Meredith Gentry, Princess of the Unseelie court of Faerie, a private detective facing repeated assassination attempts.
Sayings by Laurell K. Hamilton
#1 A Kiss of Shadows
1. …there comes a point when you either embrace who and what you are, or condemn yourself to be miserable all your days. Other people will try to make you miserable; don’t help them by doing the job yourself.
#2 Blood Noir
2. Before I knew you, I thought brave was not being afraid. You’ve taught me that bravery is being terrified and doing it anyway.
#3-4 A Stroke of Midnight
3. A flower may be beautiful all on its own, but a person is never truly beautiful unless someone’s eyes show him that he is beautiful.
4. No name calling truly bites deep unless, in some dark part of us, we believe it. If we are confident enough then it’s just noise…
#5 Bloody Bones
5. Magic, if that was the right word, often rises and falls on your own belief in your abilities. I’ve seen very powerful people completely crippled by self-doubt.
#6 Narcissus in Chains
6. We dislike most in others what we hate most in ourselves.
Unsourced Quotes Attributed to Laurell K. Hamilton
1. Every relationship is messed up. What makes it really perfect is if you still want to be there when things suck.