Laurell K Hamilton Love Quotes and Sayings
2. I will love you always. When this red hair is white, I will still love you. When the smooth softness of youth is replaced by the delicate softness of age, I will still want to touch your skin. When your face is full of the lines of every smile you have ever smiled, of every surprise I have seen flash through your eyes, when every tear you have ever cried has left its mark upon your face,I will treasure you all the more, because I was there to see it all. I will share your life with you, Meredith, and I will love you until the last breath leaves your body or mine.
3. Only love of a good woman will make a man question every choice, every action. Only love makes a warrior hesitate for fear that his lady will find him cruel. Only love makes a man both the best he will ever be, and the weakest. Sometimes all in the same moment.
4. Love is too precious to be ashamed of.
5. What is love? Sometimes it’s just letting yourself be who and what you are, and letting the person you’re supposed to love be who and what he is too. Or maybe what and who they are.
6. Every relationship is messed up. What makes it really perfect is if you still want to be there when things suck.
7. She should have remembered that people have given everything they own, everything they are, to be taken care of, and to have their pain gone. It’s the lure of cults: the promise of a good family; it’s what people think love is, but love isn’t absence of pain, it’s a hand to hold while you’re going through it.
8. If you love someone, truly love them, you should never cause them pain. Never fill their eyes with something so close to grief.
9. Love mattered, in the end. A house without love would always fall, maybe not today or tomorrow, but in the end without love nothing could endure.
10. Love is not about owning someone, but about loving them.
11. How could you love someone and not want them to be happy?
Excerpt from Wikipedia: Laurell K. Hamilton (born February 19, 1963) is an American fantasy and romance writer. She is best known as the author of two series of stories.
Her New York Times–bestselling Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter series centers on Anita Blake, a professional zombie raiser, vampire executioner and supernatural consultant for the police, which includes novels, short story collections, and comic books. Six million copies of Anita Blake novels are in print. Her Merry Gentry series centers on Meredith Gentry, Princess of the Unseelie court of Faerie, a private detective facing repeated assassination attempts.
Both fantasy series follow their protagonists as they gain in power and deal with the dangerous “realities” of worlds in which creatures of legend live.
Sayings by Laurell K. Hamilton
1. There comes a point when you either embrace who and what you are, or condemn yourself to be miserable all your days. Other people will try to make you miserable; don’t help them by doing the job yourself.
2. Before I knew you, I thought brave was not being afraid. You’ve taught me that bravery is being terrified and doing it anyway.
3. A flower may be beautiful all on its own, but a person is never truly beautiful unless someone’s eyes show him that he is beautiful.
4. No name-calling truly bites deep unless, in some dark part of us, we believe it. If we are confident enough then it is just noise.
5. Magic, if that was the right word, often rises and falls on your own belief in your abilities. I’ve seen very powerful people completely crippled by self-doubt.
6. We hate most in others what we dislike in ourselves.