Over 50 quotes and sayings about Inner Peace
Inner Peace quotes and sayings to inspire you. The more peaceful we are inside, the more peaceful our lives will become. May you always have inner peace amidst movement and chaos.
1. When I create peace, harmony, and balance in my mind, I find it in my life.
If you don’t make peace with your past, it will keep showing up in your present.
Peace begins with me. The more peaceful I am inside, the more peace I have to share with others. World peace really does begin with me.
The serenity and safety I seek is already within me. (Facebook)
2. You attract and manifest whatever corresponds to your inner state.
If peace is really what you want, then you will choose peace.
It is inner stillness that will save and transform the world.
Allow this moment to be as it is.
Letting go of inner resistance, you often find circumstances change for the better.
Allow nature to teach you stillness.
3. If you want to attract happy, positive things … become a happy, positive person. Work from the inside out.
The less you respond to rude, critical, argumentative people … the more peaceful your life will become. – Mandy Hale
– Mandy Hale
4. Peace is not an absence of war; it is a virtue, a state of mind, a disposition for benevolence, confidence, justice.
– Baruch Spinoza
5. As our own peace of mind grows, so the atmosphere around us becomes more peaceful.
Be calm, pacify your agitated mind, let go of stress.
Harmony among the major faiths has become an essential ingredient of peaceful coexistence in our world. From this perspective, mutual understanding among these traditions is not merely the business of religious believers — it matters for the welfare of humanity as a whole. (Many Faiths, One Truth, 24 May 2010, NYT)
Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.
Peace in the world relies on individuals finding inner peace.
You can’t buy inner peace or wisdom with money. You have to create them within yourself.
The ultimate source of comfort and peace is within ourselves.
Internal peace is an essential first step to achieving peace in the world.
Peace does not come through prayer, we human beings must create peace.
There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness.
Inner peace helps sustain good health, gives rise to happy individuals, happy families, happy communities and ultimately a happy humanity. (Twitter)
True peace with oneself and with the world around us can only be achieved through the development of mental peace.
Whatever our religious faith, showing others loving kindness is the best way to bring about inner peace.
6. Profound inner peace is the result of discovering that you are already whole.
When we let go of the need to prove ourselves, nothing and no one can disturb the quiet and peace of our minds.
Stress will not go away until you decide it no longer has a place in your life.
When we have peace in our hearts and minds, we draw peace into our lives.
Life must begin within. Stress will not go away until you decide it no longer has a place in your life.
– Iyanla Vanzant
7. Nobody makes you angry; you decide to use anger as a response.
– Brian Tracy
8. Tune in not out – the answers to all your questions are within you.
9. You can’t stop the storm … so stop trying. What you can do is calm yourself. The storm will pass!
No one can drive you crazy unless you give them the keys.
What people say about you is a reflection of them, not you.
– Timber Hawkeye
10. We already have perfect compassion, perfect wisdom, perfect joy. We only need to settle our minds so they can rise from deep within us.
When we create harmony in our minds and hearts, we will find it in our lives. The inner creates the outer. Always.
Serenity is not freedom from the storm, but peace amid the storm.
Inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions.
No matter how badly someone treats you, never drop down to their level. Remain calm, stay strong, and walk away.
Ships don’t sink because of water around them but because water gets in them. Don’t let what’s happening around you get inside you and weigh you down.
The more you try to control something, the more it controls you. Free yourself and let things take their own natural course.
– Author Unknown
11. I looked in temples, churches and mosques. But I found the Divine in my heart.
Everything in the universe is within you. Ask all from yourself.
12. We are looking for God everywhere except where it is.
You lose control over your mind because of the presence of too many desires. Desires force the mind to find fulfilment in the external world. (Twitter)
People throughout the world live with the belief that factors outside themselves produce stress.
Look at the world as it is. Not as you would like it to be. Your mind then becomes peaceful and happy.
What makes you spiritual is what’s in your mind, what’s in your thoughts.
One needs to manage oneself before attempting to manage anything external in life.
Realize that nothing in the world can provide you with peace and happiness.
Absolute peace and happiness lies within one’s self. Yet people are rushing all over to find it in the world.
– Swami Parthasarathy
13. Your calm mind is the ultimate weapon against your challenges. So relax.
– Bryant McGill
14. True meditation is calming the restless mind in everyday living.
If we always face all people and situations with a grateful heart, we will be happy and at peace every day.
Many seek illumination by lighting up a lamp, when the true light is within.
15. Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be.
You have everything you need for complete peace and total happiness right now.
16. Inner peace comes the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions.
One of the best lessons you can learn in life is to master how to remain calm.
17. Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
– Christian D. Larson
18. Be mindful of your self-talk. It’s a conversation with the universe.
– David James Lees
19. The cyclone derives its powers from a calm center.
20. The more tranquil a man becomes, the greater is his success, his influence, his power for good.
21. The World is only in the mind of its maker. Do not believe it is outside of yourself.
– Helen Schucman, A Course in Miracles, with portions transcribed and edited by William Thetford
22. There’s no greater power than to be in harmony with oneself.
If you tend to your internal peace, you’re tending to peace on earth. (Twitter, 3 July 2018)
Remember that peace starts with you. When you’re at peace with yourself you are at peace with the world. (Twitter, 11 June 2019)
Breathe, relax, receive and allow yourself to be with whatever is arising from within. (Twitter, 17 September 2019)
– Panache Desai
23. Nobody can hurt me without my permission.
Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances.
24. I tell you one thing. If you want peace of mind, do not find fault with others. Rather see your own faults. Learn to make the whole world your own. No one is a stranger, my child; the whole world is your own.
– Sri Sarada Devi
25. While you are proclaiming peace with your lips, be careful to have it even more fully in your heart.
26. The quieter you become, the more you can hear.
In order to see the path, you have to be very quiet and stop thinking.
– Ram Dass
27. Silence is a source of great strength.
Knowing others is intelligence, knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength, mastering yourself is true power.
– Lao Tzu
28. The ego says, “Once everything falls into place, I’ll feel peace.” The spirit says, “Find your peace, and then everything will fall into place.”
The most powerful tool for navigating a quickly changing, chaotic world is to cultivate stillness and peace within.
There is no peace without forgiveness.
29. First keep peace with yourself, then you can also bring peace to others.
– Thomas a Kempis
30. Purity and impurity depend on oneself; no one can purify another.
Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace.
As a mountain of rock is unshaken by wind, so also, the wise are unperturbed by blame or by praise. (Verse 81 of The Dhammapada)
You make things worse when you flare up at someone who’s angry. Whoever doesn’t flare up at someone who’s angry wins a battle hard to win. (Samyutta Nikaya)
31. If you and I are having a single thought of violence or hatred against anyone in the world at this moment, we are contributing to the wounding of the world.
In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you.
32. What you have carried in your mind about the world is what you will see around the world.
The world’s people yearn for peace, yet they do not experience it. That is because they do not understand that they are peace.
Seeking and finding peace within, were it undertaken by everyone, could end all wars, eliminate conflict and bring everlasting peace.
33. The older I get, the more I meet people, the more convinced I am that we must only work on ourselves, to grow in grace. The only thing we can do about people is to love them.
– Dorothy Day
34. If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
35. It is not the outer objects that entangle us. It is the inner clinging that entangles us.
– Lama Surya Das
36. Forgive others, not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace.
– Jonathan Lockwood Huie
37. Don’t let people pull you into their storms. Pull them into your peace.
– Kimberly Jones
38. Peace starts and ends with you.
Peace is not the absence of chaos but keeping stillness within you in the midst of all that.
– Symphony of Love
39. Peace doesn’t require two people; it requires only one. It has to be you. The problem begins and ends there.
When you believe that your problem is caused by someone else, you are your own victim, and the situation appears to be hopeless.
World peace can only be found within you.
40. My heart is at ease knowing that what was meant for me will never miss me, and that what misses me was never meant for me.
– Imam Al-Shafi’i
41. You find freedom inside – nowhere else. In the heart of every being is that one space which is free, which is filled with peace, and which is full of love.
– Prem Rawat
42. The peace we seek in the world is first found within.
– Harold W. Becker
43. No one can steal your peace without your permission.
– Cheryl Richardson
44. All the gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you.
45. You’re just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You’ve got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It’s all down to you, mate.
46. The divine is not something high above us. It is in heaven, it is in earth, it is inside us.
– Morihei Ueshiba
47. We all have a beautiful light within … we just sometimes forget it is there.
– John Holland
48. There are no walls. Find your peace and you’ll make your walls, doors.
– Nick Vujicic
49. There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy.
– Ralph H. Blum
50. What we create within is mirrored outside of us.
– Shakti Gawain
51. The opinion which other people have of you is their problem, not yours.
Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself and know that everything in this life has a purpose.
52. If in our minds we are joyful and peaceful, then this will show in the way we use our bodies and speech.
53. The more we genuinely care about others the greater our own happiness and inner peace.
– Allan Lokos
54. To experience peace does not mean that your life is always blissful. It means that you are capable of tapping into a blissful state of mind amidst the normal chaos of a hectic life.
– Jill Bolte Taylor
55. A man of calm is like a shady tree. People who need shelter come to it.
– Toba Beta
56. Until you make peace with who you are, you’ll never be content with what you have.
– Doris Mortman
57. The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind.
– Caroline Myss
58. If you want to truly enjoy your life, you must be at peace with yourself.
Don’t compare your situation to somebody else’s. You’re not running their race; you’re running your own. (Twitter, 18 Oct 2016)
59. If you do not find peace inside your own heart, then you will not find it anywhere else on earth.
60. … within you there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself …
61. Remain calm in every situation because peace equals power.
62. So war and peace start in the human heart. Whether that heart is open or whether that heart closes has global implications.
War and peace start in the hearts of individuals.
63. Make peace with yourself, and both heaven and earth will make peace with you.
– Isaac of Nineveh (Saint Isaac the Syrian)
64. Only when our own minds and hearts are peaceful can we expect peace to come through the actions we take.
When we learn to bear our own pain and face our own fears, we will no longer blame and inflict it on others, neither family members nor other tribes.
When we understand the truth of uncertainty and relax, we become free.
The process of such unskillful desire is endless, because peace comes not from fulfilling our wants but from the moment that dissatisfaction ends.
To find peace in the world we must find peace in ourselves.
65. If you understand, things are just as they are; if you do not understand, things are just as they are.
– Zen Proverb
66. The reason why the world lacks unity, and lies broken and in heaps, is, because man is disunited with himself.
67. The only freedom we’ve got is not to react to anything, but to turn within and know the truth. (Silence of the Heart)
– Robert Adams
68. Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened, but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm.
Doe Zantamata (Happiness in Your Life)
69. Develop your inner peace and happiness and you won’t have to seek it outside of yourself again. [S]
– Doe Zantamata
#70 The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
70. Your anger, jealousy, and envy will disappear, and even your sadness will simply disappear if you don’t take things personally.
– Don Miguel Ruiz